Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OUCH!

Today, I did c25k week 3 day 1. That was this morning. By afternoon I had made plans with a man at church to run later that night. He's done multiple halfs and a full marathon. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up between being slow, already had run that morning and my shins hurting like no other. We got about a quarter of the mile and I had to walk. My shins were killing me. He stopped right in the middle of the road made me sit down and stretch. It was hilarious! It helped though! I was sitting on the wet road stretching. I'm sure he knew how stupid I felt because he starts to tell me that when he ran his marathon he would see people stopping to stretch. If it's what you need DO IT! I get it now. We ended up at 3 miles of mostly walking because of my shins and not being able to see in the dark. There was another lady with us who struggled just about as much as me! I felt better about that...sad huh?

Currently, I feel like that half marathon is so far away. I don't see it in my reach yet. I'm working closer towards it though. I want it so bad!

I think I'm going to keep these running buddies. They keep me on track and it's nice to have someone to talk to. He knows so much about what I should be doing for certain pains that I have like my shins which I have struggled with forever. Plus, his Navy stories are pretty cool. You would never guess she is 12 years older than me because she looks younger and we just get along so well! I'm glad to be finding people I can run with! I'm the youngest but I blend right in with them because well I think I'm more mature for my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment