Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chasing some dreams

After a talk with my uncle last night I realized that I am FULLY capable of running that half in October. I decided to start training. I want to finish C25k first though. I've never actually finished this program.

Today, I was out on my run and totally forgot to turn around at the half way mark. That left me about a mile from home. CRAP! I was debating having someone pick me up but decided to I could do it. Riding in a car isn't going to get me to run a half is it? NO! I ended up doing a little over 3 miles. It's the farthest since I started running again. I shaved 1 minute off my time putting me at 15 minute mile instead of a 16. It's not where I want to be but it's a work in progress.

C25k w2d1- COMPLETE! 

I'm running a 5k in May so I need to get my butt in gear!

I'm pretty sore from the weights yesterday - mostly upper body though. Tomorrow I lift again :)

 I'm loving being back at the gym and running. While I'm running I don't have to think about anything but what I'm doing and work out my problems. It's my me time. While I'm lifting weights I have to focus on that. I can't focus on other things, it's awesome! I can get lost in my music, thoughts, or absolutely nothing while I'm working out. I don't have to think about the stress of school, work or life in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment