Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happiness

Today while I was working out I got this giant smile on my face. It wasn't one of those just happy ones it was a full fledged dorky smile. Why you ask? I was thinking of how I will feel after I cross the finish line at the half in October. I'm sure I will be much happier than what I was thinking but that's okay. It's something I've said I wanted to do for awhile now. I passed it off and something I COULDN'T do! Stupid me. I am going to do it. So here I am, barely running at all to training for a half marathon.

I set goals for myself and I never accomplish them. This is one that I NEED to do. I WANT to do. Not only for myself but for my uncle who has helped me and pushed me to do this. He knows as well as I do how much I want this and he has kept pushing me. Telling me I can do it, which is an amazing help because if he said I couldn't I probably would have gave up. I mean, why should I do it? It's just another "stupid" goal. Whatever. Not this time! This time it means something to me and I'm going to do it!

I struggle with if I should register now or wait. I'm not sure what's holding me back.

Columbus Half Marathon here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment