Thursday, May 24, 2012

Long week

So I've been sick for over a week now. That means no running. It started as just a sore throat and turned into bronchitis. I'm feeling mostly better now though other than being tired and having a cough. I think I may start running again tomorrow at least lightly. I really miss it.

I had an upsetting day. I had a job interview that just didn't go well at all. It wasn't all my fault though the hours she needs someone isn't really going to work with me going to school. She was up front about it but told me we would continue the interview. It was just crappy. I don't feel like it went well at all. I really really like this guy at church okay? So he was flirting with me last week and I finally got the nerve to ask him if he wanted to hang out. He said yes and would check is schedule. I haven't heard from him again. I've been bumming about that today too. I'm not waiting around for a guy but I really like him so it's kind of disappointing. I was told by someone else that he is really spontaneous and she is sure he will just randomly text me. I was holding onto that all week. I just don't know what to think. Part of me thinks he likes me and part of me thinks he doesn't. Now, onto the real reason I'm pouring my heart out. I resisted the urge to make brownies for about an hour and gave in. I kept thinking "this will make you feel better" Yeah right! It didn't. It wasn't even worth it to eat those brownies. Now i'm going to go over my calories and I'm still not happy. It's been awhile since I've had a bad day of just sulking and wanting to cry so I had my afternoon of watching glee and sulking. Now I'm picking myself up and getting back on track. There is no "start over tomorrow" it's start over RIGHT NOW! I'm not waiting around for some guy. I'm living my life and being happy! I'm making myself better :)

Runners World Quote of the Day from today seems like a good one to keep me going today and a good one to end this post with!

"Running along our journey doesn't only teach us how to keep moving forward through what life throws at us, it also makes us into the best version of ourselves" -Ashley Erickson, freelance fitness writer/editor

No comments:

Post a Comment