Monday, September 10, 2012

13.1 Miles- Half Marathon


My half marathon is coming up and for each mile I plan to run it for someone else. Someone who has pushed me and encouraged me!

Mile 1: God, He has been my strength and kept me going! "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"- Phillipians 4:13 I spend a great amount of time while I am running talking to God and getting things all worked out! If I need to connect with God I tend to go run!

Mile 2: Jody: You are one of the best cousins I have! You have pushed me and motivated me every step of the way! Thanks :) I can talk to you about all the crazy workouts I do and you don't think I'm crazy! I can talk to you about my struggles and cry and complain and you always have something amazing to say! Thanks for being awesome and marrying my cousin!

Mile 3: My mom: She has listened to me talk and talk and talk about running for hours on end. I'm sure she is tired of it! She keeps me going and makes sure I go on my runs if I'm feeling extra lazy. She motivates me every step of the way :)

Mile 4: Angie and Allison: You two always have amazing things to say! Okay, I use you for your advice and awesome compliments! Angie scares the shit out of me when she's teaching a class I am taking which makes me work harder! She doesn't take my "I'm tired" crap and reminds me to work until I'm exhausted! Allison always has a compliment on how far I have come and keeps pushing me! This one is for my favorite trainers at the Y even if one moved to far away Chicago and left us! After this run count me in for a bodypump class!

Mile 5: My Uncle Shaun: He talked me into this. I told him I didn't think I could do it. He told me he thought I could so I did it. I signed up. He has run a few miles with me along the way too :) He motivates me and helps me plan my runs! I really coun't have done any of this without him!

Mile 6: Chad! Oh my goodness! Chad has pushed me and helped me become a better runner! He has also run a few miles with me too! He has helped me develop better stretching which I am SO thankful for! I sucked at stretching before I met you!

Mile 7: My sister! She is well, crazy! I love her so much and want to do this so she knows she can do ANYTHING! Olivia needs to know that if I can run 13.1 miles she can do whatever she wants in the world nothing can hold her back! She is going to be what get's me through mile 7.

Mile 8: Josh and Kenny: My big brothers! I love my big brother :) I don't know what I would do without them! They are always there for me and I think I could talk to him about anything! We don't get to see each other often but they are the best brother a girl could ask for!

Mile 9: Nick: You are an amazing cousin! I am running this mile because you push yourself so far to protect me and this Country! You work your butt off everyday missing those amazing boys of yours and I can never thank you enough! I am so proud of you! I tend to tell people about my awesome cousin Nick a lot! Thanks for being amazing and sticking by me! This mile is going to be hard one for me I'm sure so it's for you!

Mile 10: Aimee: My second Mom! I love you! Thanks for pushing me to prove everyone wrong! You provide motivation and help keep me strong in my faith!

Mile 11: Nini- Aunt Nini! This one is for you! I am SO proud of how far YOU have come! You motivate me and encourage me daily! Thanks :) I wouldn't be the woman I am today without you! I can't wait until you come back to Ohio to visit so we can workout together! I know I will always have my Nini to talk to! I know I can come to you with anything! There is something different about talking to your aunt about something than talking to your mom! Thanks for listening to me talk all the time and always giving the best advice!

Mile 12: Molly: You provide me with the best coffee dates and talks! I love talking with you because it just brightens my day! You are the person I hope to talk to when I am down because you always seem to know how to brighten the day! I am running Mile 12 for you because I know it will be a hard one for me. You have been through so much lately and I know that if you can make it through then I can finish mile 12!

Mile 13: Sue, Ian and Charlie: Sue provides me with comedy about my runs. I know she will be here in Lima to greet me when I finish! You guys are a package deal! You have been there for me through so much and I can't thank you enough! Cousin, you are my favorite cousin :) Don't stop being you! I know if I need anything these three will always be there for me. Mile 13 is for you!

.1- I am going to rock the heck out of this .1! It is for me and me only! This whole run is about me and how far I have come! I will run this thinking back to when I could barely run for 30 seconds! I am going to finish this proving all that doubt I can finish WRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment